Friday 8 May 2015

Your vote is not secret.

Well, they did let me in to the polling station (see previous post) and I read the notice at the entrance. This smugly assured me that voting is secret.


The marking of the ballot paper may be secret, but the choice that you make is not. They can discover it quite easily. When I was issued with my ballot paper the ladies there present ticked off my name on the list and wrote alongside it the individual serial number of my voting slip. This ensures that it can be traced back to me.
If you want to know how I voted, just look for ballot paper CPC 17453. It will be in the pile with all the others.

And why were only pencils provided for marking ballot papers? Was it so that the choice could be amended afterwards by application of an eraser?


Yes, parliamentary democracy is a great thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment