Tuesday 14 October 2014

Tea and Talk in Tewkesbury

Yesterday I gave a lecture in Tewkesbury. On my previous visit to the town I was thirteen years old and interested only in trains so I don't think the environment made any impression on me.


I had time for a quick look around the town this time. I loved the alleyways and ancient doorways giving glimpses of life behind the street front.

Alleyways of Tewkesbury.
And we enjoyed a terrific scone and tea in the Abbey Tea Rooms in Church Street. This is a must visit for anybody. The strawberry which came as a charming decoration with the scone was the sweetest, tastiest strawberry I have eaten all year.


Our table is in there somewhere.


The tea room serves full meals as well as cream teas or even just a cup of coffee if you wish. 

Several customers were tucking into a full roast dinner which looked very appetising.



The walls are covered with
1950s & 1960s memorabilia.





If we ever return to Tewkesbury, and I hope we will, I shall make a beeline for for the Abbey Tea Rooms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment