Thursday 21 August 2014

Skyways Coach Air & Café Rouge

One of those really weird happenings occurred yesterday. I was having lunch with Peter Bates. Now those of you who have read my book, Neither Civil nor Servant, might recognise the name. Peter worked for Skyways in the early 1970s as a management trainee at the time that I was working for Paris Travel Service as a travel rep. Our paths crossed several times and then we went our separate ways to end up working in different jobs but in the same port at Dover.

As we finished our lunch a lady came over to our table and declared that she recognised us from Skyways. I was dumbfounded. We had met forty five years ago. How do people keep a memory like that? Jo Dunn is her name and we then sat and made a lot of noise reminiscing about the good old days. We came to the unanimous agreement that the Skyways Years were great and that it was a super little airline staffed by a great bunch of people.

So here is a present from me to all the ex-Skyways staff who made my job so much fun at that time.

An original Skyways Coach Air duty-free goods bag.
Empty.
PS: If you read my thriller, Rue Amélie, which is set in Paris in the 1970s, you will discover that at one point the hero drives a Skyways coach up from the République terminal to Beauvais Tillé airport. To find out more details of my books, click on the link 'What books have I written?' in the right hand column of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment