Sunday 31 August 2014

Physician, heal thyself.

An overflow pipe projects from the wall of my house and I noticed some time ago that it had been leaking. In the true tradition of the procrastinator, I did nothing, hoping that the problem would go away. 


This morning, I don't know what came over me, I decided to sort it out. I popped along to that temple of DIY - Homebase. There I would find a solution. There would be pipes and gaskets and tubes and washers and ball cocks and all other manner of plumbery.


As I walked along the path to the front of the store, I discovered that this giant of the DIY world was suffering exactly the same problem as I was. Now, how would they deal with it?  What new technique could I learn from this font of knowledge? What would be their high-tech solution? I marvelled at the simplicity of the answer.





Stick a bucket under it.

No comments:

Post a Comment